Sunday, February 19, 2012

Practice! Practice! Practice

   As I stated earlier, the Brayer Workshops were awesome!  Now to apply what I learned.  Two challenging areas:  design and inks.  
Michelle Zindorf (the brayer queen) is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator and used Stampin' Up products for this class. 
   Since my customers are mostly scrappin' and stampin' stores and cannot carry Stampin' Up products, I need to find products for these techniques that  they can carry.  Therein lies one of the challenges.  But wait!  I just experimented with Ranger Distress Inks on the "bird" tag and found them to be very compatible.  Yay!  And the Copics work beautifully with the inks.  One challenge solved.  
   The challenge of design and using Texana Designs stamps will be solved with lots of practice.  I hope!
   Anyway.....  Here are the two tags I've been working on.  As you can see, I'm starting off very simple.  The chicken card was inked with Stampin' Up inks and the bird card with Ranger Distress inks.  As I said earlier, I think the Ranger Distress inks will work beautifully with the brayer technique.
   Stay turned tomorrow for more samples of the brayer technique by Janet and Jackie. 


Design:  Jimmye Sue
Stamp Design:  Joyce A. Meyer
Stampin' Up Inks

Design:  Jimmye Sue
Stamp Design: Joyce A. Meyer
Ranger Distress Inks
Copic Markers





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment