Monday, February 20, 2012

Others are practicing!

   My friends, Janet and Jackie, also took the Brayer Workshop.  We are all investigating inks and papers.  
  Jackie sent me this card, via e-mail, yesterday.  Nice!  I was thinking about this Texana Designs Cactus Border stamp and how it would look brayered.  I love the mountains in the background with the little cactus in the distance.  As you can see, Jackie is using some of the more advanced brayer techniques in this card, which include creating mountains and double embossing.  She is much braver than I!  Great job, Jackie, and thanks for sending this to me!


Design:  Jackie Fischer
Texana Designs stamps:  Cactus Border and Cactus mini
SU Inks and Copic Markers
   Janet sent me this card earlier in the week.  It was her first attempt at designing a card to brayer after taking the brayer workshops.  We both agree that design is a very thoughtful process! (what colors to use, placement of stamp and horizon).  I especially love the color of the sky with the little stars.  As Janet indicates on her blog:  smooth papers are not all the same, all dye inks do not give the same effect, and fingerprints show.  Check out Janet's blog for more information and another sample.  Thanks, Janet!


Design:  Janet Bradshaw
Texana Designs stamps:  Jam'n House and Home is Deep in the Heart of Texas!
Adirondack Inks
Well, I best be off to practice!  Happy Stamping!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment