Sunday, January 1, 2012

Texana Designs DESIGN TEAM


Happy New Year!

2011 was a great year for Texana Designs.  New friendships were created.  New stamps were designed by Joyce.  New classes were designed.  New stores became homes for our stamps.

2012 is going to be an even better year!  Why you ask?  I have a Texana Designs DESIGN TEAM!  Awesomely creative DESIGN TEAM!  I’m so excited!

They all bring a unique style to our stamps and are ready to start creating!  They are: Janet Bradshaw, Jilda Bolton, Karen Lambert, Libby Hickson, and Linda McClain

You will regularly see their designs on this blog. 


The Texana Design Family

Jimmye Sue Mitchell, Owner
What an adventure this has been and it just gets better every year.  Texana Designs began in November 2007 when my daughter, Maggie, wanted to make some $$.  She wanted to make Texas calendars and we couldn’t find Texas stamps that would work for us. 
Fortunately, she was dating an 5th generation Texan and artist that designed our first 12 stamps.  In November 2008, Joyce A. Meyer, (owner of Jam’n Stamps from 2000-2006) joined the Texana Designs team as the main artist and quickly became one of my best friends.  We travel all over Texas teaching classes and promoting Texana Designs stamps.
 

Joyce A. Meyer, Artist/Teacher
I have a BFA in Art and MA in Art Education and taught art in the Texas Public Schools for 21 years.  JAM’N Stamps was in business from 2000-2005.  In 2006, I wanted to devote more time to my art and family.  In November 2008, I joined the Texana Designs team and started doing what I love to do most—teach.  I’ve been an artist all my life and love drawing, painting, photography and TEXAS!



The First Texana Designs Design Team

Janet Bradshaw, Design Team Member
My name is Janet Bradshaw.  I was born and raised in West Texas.  I now make my home in Austin.  My professional career is in the oil and gas industry, but my passion is scrapbooking and chronicling.  I created my first scrapbook in 1980.  My interest in scrapbooking was
renewed in 1997.  Scrapbooking photos of my daughter rekindled my quest for ancestors and genealogy.  I love to create heritage albums.  I love to share my enthusiasm of stamping and paper crafting with everyone.  I worked many years for a local scrapbook store.  I have
created and taught many classes at various stores around central Texas and have led a
number of online courses about scrapbooking.  In my spare time I enjoy visiting with family and friends, but mostly I love paper crafting.   I am delighted to participate in this design team.  Paper crafting has so many outlets, find yours and enjoy!

Jilda Bolton, Design Team Member
My name is Jilda Bolton. I grew up in Fort Worth, Texas, and moved to Austin, Texas when I was 20 (41 years ago!).  I am blessed to live with my amazing husband and three fine pets – two dogs and a cat.  We live near our wonderful daughter & son-in-law and two fabulous granddaughters (two of my favorite fellow crafters).  Our life is filled with an exciting assortment of family and close friends.
I’ve been involved in art since elementary school, but I didn’t start using rubber stamps as a medium until the summer of 2006.  After I retired from the University of Texas at Austin in 2008, I really stepped up my fun with stamps by taking classes and making lots and lots of cards to keep in touch with friends and family.
In February 2011, I met Joyce when I took her Watercolor Crayon class at Stamp Salado.  I met Jimmye Sue that same week when I picked up my class kit (that I had left in Salado) from Joyce.  Since then we have shared classes, play dates and lots of FUN – I learn something from each of them every time I see them.
My other influences include: Lily Cooksey (my Stampin’ Up! demonstrator), Sandy Shaw and classes at Stamp Salado and Paper Trail, Fred Mullett (www.fredmullett.com), and Christine Monzingo (a very talented and enthusiastic local card maker).  My husband, Richard, is my designated project reviewer – he is a very kind critic.
 
Karen Lambert, Design Team Member
   Creativity is a big part of my life.
   If I am not doing something creative, I am probably thinking about it.
   I began sewing in elementary school and that led to working in the garment industry when I got out of high school.  After moving to the Austin area I started my custom Bridal Business in 1994. 
   I discovered scrapbooking and stamping in 2001 after friends encouraged me to “try it out, you’ll like it”.  WOW!!  Were they RIGHT.  Paper crafting became a passion. 
   I now consider myself a “mixed media artist”.  I love textures and dimension, so it is not
unusual for me to include embossing, glittering, stitching, photos, and even fabric into my creations.  I love tools and techniques.
  By day I am “nanny” to 2 of my grandsons while their mommy teaches Middle School Art.  Evenings and weekends are spent creating or exploring Texas with my husband of 33 years, Mike.  We have 2 grown sons, 2 wonderful daughter-in-loves, and 3 grandsons.
  Besides my art, I love photography, hiking, crocheting, and spending time with our dogs.


Libby Hickson, Design Team Member
Hi everyone!  I'm Libby and I'm a mostly a SAHM (stay at home Mom) living in Marietta, Georgia - but I just moved here from Austin, and I'll always be a bit Texan at heart!  My two kids keep me busy during the day, so I do most of my stamping late at night once the house is quiet.  I work part-time for Hero Arts, doing behind the scenes admin work, blog posts and best of all, corresponding with contest winners - such a fun job!  I'm currently a member of my Texana design team friend Linda's Catered Crop Recipe Swap team and I'm also the guest design team coordinator for Hambo Stamps.  In the past I've served on The Play Date Cafe team, as well as designed for Firecracker Designs by Pamela.  When I'm not getting inky, I volunteer at a local cat shelter, and I also love cooking, gardening, hiking & biking.  I love love love making Texas-themed cards, and I'm as thrilled as all get-out to be joining Jimmye Sue on this Texana Designs adventure!

Linda McClain, Design Team Member
   Creativity is a drug I cannot live without.” Cecile B. DeMille said that. If I had said that, it would have come out more like “Crafting is my Prozac.” (You know a crafty nurse like me loves a quote anything about drugs and creativity.) I do love all things crafty, and my favorite thing in the whole wide world is creating fun projects with and for the people I love. I'm crazy excited to be part of Jimmye Sue's    Texas craft rustlers.  
   As for me and mine, well, the details of my gang and me are blissfully boring.  My husband and I grew up in Indiana and we’ve lived in Texas now for over 25 years. I like to blab on occasionally about him, my two great kids, the dogs, my adorable twin sister, hilarious brother, my traveling adventures as a nursing home inspector, and, you know, life in Texas, ya’ll. 






Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great, Jimmye Sue! Yay team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, everyone! Another blog is now added to my Reader ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo!! Congratulations on your new blog. I hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do - great adventures! It looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your comment about C.B. DeMille. He was quite a talented man and I have been priviledged to hear many a wonderful story of this great artist from his grandson, John DeMille who lives in Anderson, Texas. He was my boss for several years and he himself is quite a talented individual.

    Sharon Lindholm
    Texana Designs Representative

    ReplyDelete