Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Birdhouses and Wildflowers!

Good morning!  It's been a few days.  I took a 4-day trip to Petit Jean Park in Arkansas - so gorgeous.  I will be posting pics later.  
The Design Team just completed their designs using the Jam'n Birdhouse and once again, so unique and different.  I love them all!  
Thanks!

Libby created this beautiful canvas using the Texana Designs Jam'n Birdhouse, Jam'n Cactus Cluster, Jam'n Wildflower Cluster, and I'm just WILD about Texas FLOWERS!  She painted on the canvas using her Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints.  Wow! And even more wow photographed outside with all the greenery!   Libby highly recommends going outside one's comfort zone from time to time.  Libby, please go outside your comfort zone - ANYTIME!

Karen is the queen of the Silhouette Studio and you can find the Birdhouse file on her blog.  She created this card using Texana Designs stamps Jam'n Birdhouse, Jam'n Cactus Cluster, Jam'n Wildflower Cluster and I'm WILD about Texas FLOWERS and painted the images with Yasutomo Pearlescent Watercolor Paints (another favorite of mine!).  I love how she made the Cactus Cluster pop using the masking technique.  Love this card!  


And then there's Jilda, the queen of Die-namics!  And this card has the Die-namics Woodgrain Fence and Fresh Cut Grass (one of my favorites!).  Using Texana Designs Jam'n Birdhouse, Jam'n Wildflower Border and I'm WILD about Texas FLOWERS, Jilda painted the images with Lindy's Gang Magicals and Copics!  So Spring fresh looking and those wildflowers look so natural with the grass die!  Awesome!

Janet made several cards for the assignment (she was having too much fun!).  This is my favorite.  She turned the Birdhouse into a Mailbox by using metallic tape.  Check out Janet's blog for the whole story.  Here's an excerpt from her blog:
"I just couldn't help myself.  I kept seeing a mailbox when I looked at the birdhouse and I got to thinking "what if I just changed the front a little to make it a door instead of a hole?"  And it worked... I stamped the image with black stazon on metallic tape and was able to modify the front slightly.  I added a brad for the knob and "US Mail" and voilà!  I stamped it again on thin wood paper for the post.  I painted the roof with sharpie markers and a white pen.  I liked what I was seeing."
I'm so glad she couldn't help herself!
Happy Stamping!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment