Sunday, December 8, 2013

What's hop-ning?

 Here's a simple, yet hop-ning, card using the new stamps created by Karen Lambert for Texana Designs.  I used specialty stamping paper and colored cardstock.  I inked the card with distress ink and love the way the blending tool puts the color down on the specialty stamping paper.  I colored the images with stardust gel pens and a waterbrush, sometimes using a bit of the distress ink to get a closer color to the edges.  The banner is cut out and attached to the white card which is mounted on the same colored cardstock.

Below are several variations where I was trying out the "reverse stamping technique" so I could get the two hoppers looking toward the center of the card.  I found a couple of tutorials online.  There's a video here and Splitcoast stampers has a tutorial here.

The reverse image is lighter like a second generation stamped image.  On the yellow card, I tried going over the little guy with a  marker, but it burred a little.  It can be done, but it takes a little practice too.
 
 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment